Please enable the breadcrumb option to use this shortcode!
Where do I begin?
Most people have little experience in determining what kind of flooring system is best for what you want to do. We at Stagestep are here to help.
To get you started, we’ve provided questions and a list to prioritize your purchasing
considerations. By answering these questions and listing your priorities, you are well on your way
to selecting the best flooring system for you.
AT A GLANCE
- Define how your space will be used
- Clarify purchasing considerations
- List your needs
- Describe your space
Ready to order or have questions? Contact us via email or phone.
Consider The Circumstances
- Do you own or rent the space?
- Is this new construction or a renovation?
- Will this be long-term or short-term use?
- Do you want your floor to be portable, permanent or semi-permanent?
Define the Space
- What kind of floor or slab is currently in the space?
- What is the slab/floor’s current composition?
- Where is the space (basement, first floor home, commercial space, theatre)?
- What is the length and width of the space (in feet or meters)?
- Are there any unusual structures in the space – columns, doors, jog in / outs, radiators, steps, windows, equipment?
- What is the ceiling height?
- What activities will take place on the floor?
- Is the space under supervision while in use?
- Will the space be occasionally used for other activities such as receptions?
- Will equipment be used or placed on the floor?
Other Factors To Consider
- Does the flooring system have a means of reducing vibration after impact?
- Can the system be modified easily for special conditions (multi-purpose / heavy equipment)?
- Is the surface consistent?
- How do I repair damaged areas without replacing the whole floor?
- What type of maintenance is required?
- Can I take the floor or flooring system with me if I move?
Availability of Product
Appropriate Surface & Subfloor for Use