Where do I begin?
Most people have little experience in determining what kind of flooring system is best for what you want to do. We at Stagestep™ are here to help.
To get you started, we’ve provided questions and a list to prioritize your purchasing
considerations. By answering these questions and listing your priorities, you are well on your way
to selecting the best flooring system for you.
AT A GLANCE
- Define how your space will be used
- Clarify purchasing considerations
- List your needs
- Describe your space
Ready to order or have questions? Contact us via email or phone.
Consider The Circumstances
- Do you own or rent the space?
- Is this new construction or a renovation?
- Will this be long-term or short-term use?
- Do you want your floor to be portable, permanent or semi-permanent?
Define the Space
- What kind of floor or slab is currently in the space?
- What is the slab/floor’s current composition?
- Where is the space (basement, first floor home, commercial space, theatre)?
- What is the length and width of the space (in feet or meters)?
- Are there any unusual structures in the space – columns, doors, jog in / outs, radiators, steps, windows, equipment?
- What is the ceiling height?
- What activities will take place on the floor?
- Is the space under supervision while in use?
- Will the space be occasionally used for other activities such as receptions?
- Will equipment be used or placed on the floor?
Other Factors To Consider
- Does the flooring system have a means of reducing vibration after impact?
- Can the system be modified easily for special conditions (multi-purpose / heavy equipment)?
- Is the surface consistent?
- How do I repair damaged areas without replacing the whole floor?
- What type of maintenance is required?
- Can I take the floor or flooring system with me if I move?
Availability of Product
Appropriate Surface & Subfloor for Use