1. Install SSIV, or other sub-floor system as required leaving half inch gap around perimeter of room. (See images 1 & 2.)
2. Starting in the corner of the room, affix vent backing to wall using double face tape or cove base adhesive so that the top of the vent backing is 4 inches above the surface of the subfloor. Note some of the vent backing will be below the sub-floor surface in the gap that was made during installation of the sub-floor.(See image 3.)
3. Continue installing vent backing around the entire perimeter of the room making cuts as needed.
4. Install surface as instructed. (See image 4.) Trim floor surface flush to the edge of the sub- floor, do not install surface tight to the vent backing, also use caution not to damage vent backing.
5. Install Vinyl Base by starting in corner of room and adhering base to the vent backing using double-face tape or cove base adhesive, continue around perimeter of room trimming base where needed.
To create finished corners cut toe of base on a 45 degree angle using a standard utility knife. (See image 5.)
Base toe can be heat welded to floor surface using standard heat welding procedures, however, this process should only be done by a trained professional.