1. Two layers of 1/2” underlayment grade solid core no void plywood, one side finished. (To be supplied locally.)
2. Springstep 2” high density foam cubes or 3” x 3” x 3/4” foam blocks.
3. Contact cement or liquid nails. (To be supplied locally) but not necessary if using peel and stick cubes or blocks.
4. 1 to 1 1/2” continuous thread wood deck screws with counter sinking heads. Do not use drywall screws or nails. (To be supplied locally.)
5. Vapor Barrier (choice of plastic sheeting such as Stagestep vapor barrier with reinforcement scrim laminated between polyethylene layers or a liquid vapor barrier like Bone Dry.
6. Tape floor patch to fill screw holes and realize a smooth surface. (To be supplied locally) or see page 25 for Stagestep product list with pricing.)
1. Seal concrete slab against moisture.
2. Glue or peel and stick foam blocks to bottom layer of ply.
3. Position bottom layer of ply with foam affixed. Stagger seams.
4. Run top layer of ply perpendicular to bottom layer.
5. Floor is complete when you reach the walls or the desired size.
6. Tape or patch screw heads and sand seams.
7. Transition pieces are available. (See page 27 for product list with pricing. Product may require a custom order.)
Note: Do not patch seams. Do not use any wood with moisture content exceeding 10%.
Caution: By using substandard wood and/or hardwood, you increase the risk of subfloor failure. Rough edges, defective or non-specified screws can result in damage to your wear surface. Double check that your subfloor is secure and sound.
Screws 6” on center 150-160 screws per 4’x8’ sheet of plywood
Springstep ll Foam Block Layout 52 Requred per 4’ x 8’ sheet
Springstep ll Foam Cube Layout 100 Requred per 4’ x 8’ sheet