1. Two layers of 1/2” underlayment grade solid core no void plywood, one side finished. (To be supplied locally.)
2. Stagestep 1/2” foam sheeting (rolls come in 5’ width by your custom length up to 100’).
3. 1 to 1 1/2” continuous thread wood deck screws with counter sinking heads. Do not use drywall screws or nails. (To be supplied locally.)
4. Vapor Barrier (choice of plastic sheeting such as Stagestep vapor barrier with reinforcement scrim laminated between polyethylene layers or a liquid vapor barrier such as Stagestep Bone Dry.
5. Moisture proof tape to tape vapor barrier at seams if using plastic sheeting.
6. Tape floor patch to fill screw holes and realize a smooth surface. (To be supplied locally). See page 25 for product list with pricing.
1. Seal concrete slab against moisture.
2. Roll out foam sheeting to conform to slab.
3. Tape seams of foam.
4. Loosely lay bottom layer of ply directly on foam. Stagger seams.
5. Run top layer of ply perpendicular to bottom layer.
6. Use 1” continuous thread wood deck screws with counter sinking heads.
7. Floor is complete when you reach the walls or desired size.
8. Tape or patch screw heads and sand seams to realize smooth surface.
Do not patch seams. Do not use any wood with moisture content exceeding 10%.
By using substandard wood and/or hardwood, you increase the risk of subfloor failure. Rough edges, defective or non-specified screws can result in damage to your wear surface. Double check that your subfloor is secure and sound.
SPRINGSTEP lll CROSS SECTION